St Wulstan's & St Edmund's Catholic Primary School is a voluntary-aided school within the Catholic Diocese of Lancaster. As a voluntary-aided school, foundation governors must always form a majority of the governing body. The constitution of the governing body is as follows:
- 9 Foundation Governors - appointed by the Bishop of Lancaster;
- 2 Parent Governors - elected by the parent body;
- 1 Staff Governor - elected by the staff of the school;
- 1 Local Authority Governor - appointed by the local authority;
- 2 Co-Opted Governor;
- 1 Headteacher Governor.
If you wish to contact the Governors, please write to the Chair, care of the school.
Chair of Governors
Mr S McLaughlin
c/o St Wulstan's & St Edmund's Catholic Primary School
Foundation Governors are practising Catholics who are usually members of the Parish of St. Wulstan's and St. Edmund's and appointed by the Bishop.
The core roles of Foundation Governors are :
- Representing our Bishop as keepers of the Catholic vision
- Ensuring the quality of Curriculum RE
- Understanding and preparing for Section 48 Inspections
- Encouraging the vibrancy and wellbeing of their school community